Saturday, July 18, 2009

OUR PRIVATE YEARBOOK


My high school girlfriend was the photo editor of the yearbook. I'd stop by after track practice as she finished up printing. I watched with great curiosity as the images slowly appeared in the developer tray. She showed me each step of the black and white darkroom, setting the timer on the enlarger, making test strips, and the three trays filled with developer, stop, and fixer. She even let me try, and soon I'd gotten the hang of it.

Let's do some nudes, I suggested. Where? she asked. Here, I said. She wasn't the only one with a key to the yearbook darkroom, but since it was a darkroom, anyone would knock before opening the door. Still, it was dangerous, and getting caught could mean suspension, or even getting expelled. The darkroom was small and cluttered, so we hung a sheet for a backdrop. It wasn't exactly professional looking, but it helped, and in truth, we were both so turned on that photography wasn't the first thing on our mind. She stripped quickly and began to pose. Our hearts were racing with the excitement of taking nude photos and the danger of getting caught at any second. I snapped a few photos, trying to concentrate on the art, but sporting a hard boner in my track shorts. She could plainly see my excitement and was wet herself. She tugged me onto her and we made love then and there in the darkroom on the floor. It was fast and passionate, and when we were done, we quickly dressed and returned the sheet.

It was the only time we made love in the darkroom, but the pictures remain as a wonderful reminder.

No comments: