Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nettie

I don't know who this is, but I believe it is a model is named Nettie Harris. She's gorgeous. 

I also don't know who the photographer is, but one of the things I love most about this series is that it looks so much like self portraits. I had a girlfriend patricia who once tested out a new camera and flash by mounting it on a tripod. setting the self timer, and standing in various positions and various states of undress on her bed.

It also reminds me of a time several years ago when I was interview applicants for a photo assistant job. After about a dozen interviews, one young woman, about 23 years old and newly out of college came in. She had a three-ring folder of photos as her portfolio. It was a photography class she'd taken in college. One of the assignments was self-portrait. And she had a series of her doing self-timer nudes. Very similar to this series. Being in the interview, I could only glance at them.  They were all a little underexposed  in the lamp light of her dorm room, but she had an amazing body, and I wanted to study those images for hours.














No comments: