Wednesday, March 04, 2009

COUNTRY CALENDAR GIRL

When I left my hometown for college, my high school girl friend gave me a calendar she'd made. Each of the months showed a picture of her, so, as she said, I wouldn't forget her. In the rush and chaos that comes from the very first move from home to the college dorm, I'd glanced at it, thanked her, and tossed it in with the other items for school.

At the dorm, I did hang it. The more I missed my girlfriend, and home, the more I appreciated her gift. She was very sweet. A country girl, through and through. She was fairly tall, about 5'9", and slender--not skinny, but perfect. She liked to brag that if I ever wanted to buy her clothes, her measurements were: 36-28-36. She had nice C cup breasts, and a good figure. A sweet smile. And a pretty face that hadn't seem to loose its baby fat. It was like the face of a young country girl that had been placed on a woman's body. Back home, we rode horses, and fooled around in her dad's barn. On special dates, like prom, her dad let us take his new sports car.

On the calendar, the fall months had images of us carving pumpkins, and opening Christmas presents. I thought my girlfriend was cute, and I felt nostalgic for our times together. My roommates, and the other guys in the hall, didn't pay much attention to the calendar. In the images, they only saw Robyn in winter sweaters and coats, and her round, smiling face. She was cute enough in their minds, but not exactly a super model. They teased me for being so devoted, and passing up opportunities to date girls at our college.

Then, when Freshman year was nearly over, I flipped the calendar to May. There was a cute picture of Robyn on her Dad's sports car. It was a reference, no doubt to my senior prom the year before. In the background was one of the country roads we'd drive, and a place we'd found to park and mess around. She'd obviously taken the car to "our" spot, and picked out a more revealing spring outfit of a tube top and denim skirt. She sat on the hood of the car, sort of in a style of a classic pin-up.

This month's image caught the attention of my roommates. They gathered around for a closer look.

"Hey," said Travis, "She's panty flashing you!"

The guys hooted and hollered. "Damn, Jimmy," they said. "You are a lucky bastard."

"Holy shit" someone yelled. "She's not wearing panties!"

The guys then shoved and jostled closer.

"Now THAT's a girlfriend!" They high-fived each other and cheered. I must have been red with embarrassment, but also stoked with pride. I felt jealous that the guys had caught a peek of my girl, and something very private meant for me. But I was also pretty damn proud of Robyn, and her adventurous spirit. The image didn't reveal too much skin, just enough to make all the guys in the dorm stop by to take a good long look. They stopped teasing me about my fidelity to my high school girlfriend.

No comments: