Monday, February 02, 2009

MORE THE MERRIER AT A SKI CABIN

One year for New Years, my girlfriend and I rented a cabin on the mountain. When I told my co-worker John about it, we got to talking. He seemed so enthusiastic, I casually mentioned he and his wife Ashley should come along too. "Oh, no, we wouldn't want to impose on your romantic weekend," he said.

"No worries," I said. I'm sure there's plenty of room. "Besides, more the merrier, right?"

So it was agreed. Unfortunately, my girlfriend Rebecca was not as thrilled. She had rented a cozy cabin for two. It had a hot tub on the deck, a big open area on the main floor, and a bed in the loft. John and Ashley would have to sleep in the living room on the floor, and we'd take the loft, but there'd be little privacy to be had. People in the living room could not see us by looking up, but it still seemed exposed when my girlfriend stripped off her shirt, before bedding down for the night.



As we lay awake in the cabin, getting used to all the sounds of a new place, we could hear the rumble of the river outside, teh trees swaying in the wind, and the low rustle of blankets and giggles and then the unmistakeable sounds of sex. "Great," said Rebecca. "Not only do we not have the cabin to ourselves, we have to listen to them going at it." She flipped over with an irritated sigh. Secretly, I listened, imaging what was going on just out of sight, just below the loft

The next day, we were greeted by mountain sun, snow, and the rushing of a mountain stream. We made coffee and breakfast. The women seemed to get along easily, starting to joke with each other as they cooked. Ashley had brought orange juice and champagne to make mimosas--that kicked off the weekend. John split some wood for a fire later, and we went out on snow shoes for a hike.

John and Ashley were a perfect couple: young, energetic, full of life, laughing, and always daring each other to do something crazy. There was always a sexual energy crackling between them; they flirted with each other, and made lots of sexual jokes. No of the jokes were funny; in fact, they were downright stupid. For example, John had a flask of Knob Creek whisky. Ashley asked: Are you going to polish off that Knob? John: I think you're better at polishing off the Knob. Ha ha ha. Lame as their jokes were, they had the effect of lightening the mood, and making everyone feel a little giddy.

Evening comes early in the mountains, and so after our hike, we were back in the cabin, stripped down to long underwear, sipping hot coco and peppermint schnapps, and sitting beside the fire. I couldn't help but notice Ashley's nipples poking through her long underwear. She had nice, full breasts, and the snug fabric framed them well.

When we played charades, I couldn't help but watch her breasts shake as she made wild hand gestures. Rebecca was having a great time, laughing easily and swaying into Ashley.

We were exhausted and sore from the hike in the snow, so we decided to hop in the hot tub. It steamed and just beyond the light falling from the cabin, the river rushed. "You know what we need to do," said John. "It's New Years! We need to take a polar plunge!"

I thought he was joking. "That's a good way to get hypothermia," I said.

"You have to go naked!" yelled Ashely. John had already hopped out. We could just see him faintly through the steam and in the darkness. He whipped off his swim trunks, and scrambled down the snow bank to the rushing river. The only visible part was his white bare ass. What an idiot, I thought. He's going to fall in, get sucked into the current. I was growing angery at John's druken bravado, when Ashley hoped out and scampered after John. She stripped down, too, and another pale pair of buttocks flashed into the dark. "They're insane," I muttered, but no one heard me. Rebecca was out, too. And I caught just a glimpse of her racing to catch up. Screeches and squeals pierced the rumbling of the river. Then, a few seconds later, all three, bare ass, and shivering, leaped back into the tub with a splash.

"Your turn," said Rebecca.

"Don't be stupid," I said. I didn't intend to be hurtful, but I guess I was pretty drunk by then, and exhausted.

"I'll go again," said John, trying to diffuse the tension.

I didn't want to be pressured to jump into the river. I knew it was freezing. I knew it was dangerous. I didn't have to prove anything.

So we sat a while longer. I was stewing in my own resentments, feeling left out, and awkward. Here I was, in a hot tub with my girlfriend and another couple. Everyone was naked but me. Just taking off my shorts would have been weird, but I really didn't want to jump in, either. It was dark, and no one said anything else. We looked at the steam rise to the stars.

We got out and went back inside. A few more drinks as we stood in towels beside the fire, drying off. I excused myself for bed. A headache was coming on. It felt like 3AM, but in fact it was barely 9PM. "Don't you want to stay up for midnight?" Rebecca asked.

"No, you go ahead, I need to crash."

She nodded.

I went upstairs and changed for bed and lay down. I could hear the fire crackling and the low murmur of their voices as they played a board game and sipped cocktails. I downed glass after glass of water, but it was too late: my headache had gone full-bore, and throbbed. I was exhausted and soon asleep.

I didn't hear the cocktails being poured downstairs. Or more wood being added to the fire. Or the card game that started. Or when Rebecca came up and checked on me. It was the glasses of water that eventually stirred me from sleep. It was dark up in the loft, and just a faint glow from the fireplace was visible form the railing. I listened for voices, but didn't hear any. I could hear the fire pop, and a low rustling of murmurs. It sort of sounded like the soft slapping of the night before, the low rustling of sex. Quietly, I crept toward the railing.

Peeking over, I saw a sight as if a dream. I didn't know if I was dreaming. There on the floor was Ahsley. I could see her large breasts, how they fell to each side of her chest from their own weight. I could see John. His muscular chest covered in dark hair. And I saw Rebecca. Her smaller body between the two. She was on her knees, John pounding her slowly from behind. Her face between Ashley's spread legs. Ahsley held Rebecca's head with both hands and pushed it into her crotch. They moved in slow motion. John pumping, Rebecca slurping, Ashley squirming against Rebecca's tongue.

I was shocked, angry, hurt, and aroused.

What could I do? They were already intwined. Recebba looked perfectly happy, perfectly relaxed. If I went downstairs, I'd just break it all up. I'd embarass them, or they embarass me. Maybe there are those pre-determined to jump in freezing rivers, and those who will always let the critical moment pass, watching safely from a distance.

No comments: